Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Vegan Storm Barney Food

So I reckoned - via exact information from my pendulum - that I had at least an hour before a power cut, even though my neighbour's had already gone. I made 3 loaves of organic spelt and rye bread. I still slightly held my breath as I added the water, knowing that if the electrics went before it was cooked to perfection, all those ingredients would be wasted.


Anyone who knows me knows that I am slap bang in the middle of a Masters in Composting, run by the global movement Stop Food Waste. Therefore I was not, by any stretch, in a casual frame of mind about disposing of anything!

I also cooked urgent Mung beans for a salad supper later - I literally chopped up an apple and orange to mix with the beans and tossed it with an Apple Cider Vinegar vinaigrette. Simultaneously, as I am a multi tasker,  I made a soya pate - to go on the toast, in case I had to baton down the hatches for days! These beans were soaking in order to be made into tofu, but tofu takes serious time! So I cooked the beans and quickly blended them, with grated organic turmeric, the juice and rind of an organic lemon, organic garlic and Pink Himalayan Rock Salt. Yes that's the stuff that always makes me laugh. On one side of the packet it says the salt is 'Over 50 million years old' on the other it says, 'Use by 2016' - thank god they harvested it in that exact window of opportunity!!

Lidl has really pulled the stops out; there is great organic produce: lemons, apples, oranges, bananas, cucumber and potatoes. That's happiness morning, noon and night right there!

So today, I cracked open my Raw Deserts book by Ani Phyo and spotted Chocolate Covered Bananas. Was it wrong to make a recipe to feed four people and then scoff the lot?!


All I had to do was freeze the halved bananas and then dip them in Liquid Chocolate - so unbelievably delicious and made from raw cacao, coconut oil and agave syrup. Then I sprinkled some desiccated coconut for presentation - we mustn't let ourselves slip up on presentation even if we ourselves are the only ones to whom we're presenting!! 

So now I'm buzzing with the brain food. Raw organic food is the only food that keeps its mineral, vitamin and enzymatic profile. Preserved or cooked foods half and half again the goodness the ingredients once had. Must leg it now to study for an exam on Plant Identification. Twenty shrubs to be recognized and the Genus and Species written down in Latin. Thank God for all that grey matter…I'm coming to think that if we don't use it, we'll lose it! 

Get in touch if you're studying anything interesting out there! And, indeed, if and when you might need my help. Academic writing for post graduate programmes is a speciality and I'm registered and referenced with First Tutors, to work on line or at Harmony Hall Here is the link to my Tutors Profile and References

If you'd rather come and cook or grab some much needed down time, an energy boost and healing, then probably easiest to make contact via the website www.healingbyfranc.com



No comments:

Post a Comment