Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Serious news on the mad pash front!



Let go of desire! For a man who desires a woman is as tightly bound as a calf is to the cow. This is one of the buddhist teachings that I'm trying to get my head around today! Seems a pity at first glance. I think he must have been talking about how we externalize our happiness and get lost in the world, looking for it in others. I understand it through another idea: Do not neglect your work for another's, however great their need. However we justify our attention to other people's business and wellbeing, we are being distracted from our own. Without any selfishness, we need to learn to direct our thoughts within, back to ourselves. Not looking for endless improvement but appreciating our own spirit and reason d'ĂȘtre. Literally everything else is ephemeral. If you are lucky enough to have someone to love and who loves you, I have also happened upon 4 affirmations to achieve present moment participation rather than expectation or drama etc. 1. Darling, I am here for you. 2. Darling, you are here and I am happy that you are. 3. Darling, I see that you suffer and I want to help. 4. Darling, I suffer, please help me! You've got to love those!

No comments:

Post a Comment