Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kilkenny Paved With Gold Series of Paintings on Saatchi Art but then this one from Valentia Island


This is the latest painting I have sold. The beach on Valentia Island...if its not immediately obvious!

I started doing a few paintings set in Kilkenny, called the Paved with Gold series but no matter how much gold leaf one uses, buildings are, on the whole, grey! So I’m taking a break from urban scenes again. Last night I captured paradise finally and then made a start on a venetian sky line with dolphins in the foreground. The appearance of particular animals, as with the appearance of a particular ailment, always has a symbolic meaning. For example, sinuses represent the emotions, often stuffy or sometimes streaming. Lungs are where you hold grief and quite literally how you breathe is how you live your life so one can be totally subdued by the former. Sometimes you’ll breathe deeply and realize that you’ve only been inhaling to quarter capacity all the previous day! With animals, dolphins help with difficult communication. If a hare shows up, it may mean you are fooling yourself about a plan or a relationship and need to take a reality check. I saw a hare recently and realized I was fooling myself about nearly all my plans and relationships!! Killer! The snake can get you out of a tight squeeze financially and a dog is a reminder to trust yourself whatever is going awry in your life. Don’t get me started on the other organs of the body. I am great on source and healing, but not great on physiology and what resides where exactly!

I was thinking of doing an opening or a clearing day at the Regazzi coffee shop in loughboy as it is they that are kindly letting me put up my work as it comes. Maybe angel readings or maybe just coffee. Hope everyone is on a creative roll x

No comments:

Post a Comment